Wednesday 26 July 2017


Yes, so much food post lately and here's one more! Hehe.. with an exception that there will be many of me too! Just because this is my birthday dinner. Hehe.. so bear with me but I hope yous till enjoy my food post about my dinner at Li Damansara. *wink*


I've actually stumble across Li on instagram and have been interested to check it out since they recently open but did not get the chance to! Finally, it's no excuse when I have the day to myself! Literally.. that is.. 

So let me share with you what scrumptious dinner I had!


// Housemade Fizz - Pineapple and Dragonfruit //

I tried both their Housemade Fizz (RM9), the Dragonfruit and the Pineapple. I prefer the Dragonfruit as I can taste more flavour from it while the Pineapple Fizz was really light to taste. Overall, it was a refreshing drink but I wish they would add in more fruit juice for flavour.

// Pork Toast //

// Pork Toast //

Next up, their much recommended Pork Toast (RM9.50). This one is a gives a real unique experience with deep fried Sourdough topped with real generous minced pork, drizzled with chili mayo and garnished with little sesame seeds and cilantro/coriander. The chili mayo was spicy for me but thumbs up for the crispy yet soft bite feel and the cilantro definitely up the flavour! 

Recommended to try.

//Pan-seared Boneless Chicken Thigh //

Pan-seared Boneless Chicken Thigh (RM21) marinated flavour gives me a nostalgic memory of bbq chicken wings which I used to get for supper. The meat was juicy and tender and lightly seasoned while the skin was crispy soft but not dry. I actually enjoyed the skin more as it has more flavour to it. Perhaps more sauce to it would make the meat taste less bare.

// Go All Out Bowl //

Another of their homey selection is the BOWLS selection. I could not really decide on the braised pork belly or the house rice bowl so I end up being adventurous and went for Go All Out (RM25.90) instead. It was actually a combination of both my choice. Yes, trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. Haha.

// Go All Out Bowl //

So here's my huge bowl of Go All Out! I kind of regretted ordering it in the end because the portion was so huge! Unless you are really hungry, you can share this The bowl consist of rice on the base topped with chopped chicken thigh. braised pork belly, soft egg, chili mayo, slices of cucumber and pickled green chili. 

The egg was cooked perfectly soft and I was enjoying the meats in the bowl, my chopped chicken and braised pork belly but too much of these with the combination of the runny egg gets my tummy feeling greasy. I would opt for something simpler next time and be less greedy. 

// Cabbage Sengkuang Salad //

In the end, I had a share of this Cabbage Sengkuang Salad (RM15)  platter to lessen the greasy tummy. It is made up of a combination of lettuce, sliced sengkuang / sweet turnip, cured egg yolks, top with fish sauce dressing and crumbs. 

I like the combination pleasure of freshness from the juicy sengkuang and crumbs which makes the salad interesting but it takes a bit more effort of chewing than normal salads. (:

// the cosy place //

The environment is really cosy and quiet. Even with a few tables around, no one seems to make too much noises which might break the peace. Feels homey indeed. Verdict, it is a homey spot and provides unique local taste with a twist. Do try it out and let me know what you think!



Goodnight!



Li Restaurant

a: 47 Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

t: +603-7733 7692
h: 11:30am - 5:00pm / 6.30pm - 9:30pm Tuesday-Saturday; 10:30am - 5:00pm Sunday.




Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment